Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Some Humorous Stories I

A Lion Tamer
A novice lion tamer was being interviewed." I understand your father was also a lion tamer," The reporter queried.
"Yes, he was," the man replied.
"Do you actually put your head in the lion's mouth?"
"I did it only once," said the new tamer, "to look for Dad."
Reservation
At the Lake Hotel where I worked downtown Chicago, the official maxim was " Give the customers what they want." Our ability to meet that goal was tested one day when a large tour group overwhelmed the registration area.
One impatient man bullied his way through the crowd, banged his fist on the front desk and demanded,"I want a room that faces the ocean!"
In a voice that all could hear, the young clerk answered, "Certainly, sir. Atlantic or Pacific?"
Their Card
My husband and I maintain both joint and separate credit card accounts. As I fumbled in my purse one day looking for the right card to pay for some purchases, I explained to the salesclerk that I had "my" card, "his" card and "our" card.
"That's okay," he replied, "As long as you don't have "their" card."
Right Row
"I beg your pardon," said the man returning to his seat in the theater, "but did I step on your toes when I left?"
"You certainly did!", answered the annoyed patron.
The man turned to his companion."Honey, come on," he said, "we're in the right row!"

Free Online ESL short stories

English is an International Language. Millions of people try to find the good ways to learn English today. Learning English through English ESL short stories is the good method to improve your reading comprehension and vocabulary.



We have a great collection of English ESL Short stories which helps English learners enjoy their reading and learn English at the same time. Our English Stories contain practical English expressions in daily spoken English that are most useful for learning to speak English.